Thursday, July 23, 2009


I am sorry for my absence- my major project at the moment has been fixing a diesel Jetta that I have had in my basement for 8 months... way to long. I am sick of driving a gas guzzling truck around. I want my greasecar back! Anyway, it will be another week or so on that project, and then back to the house full time!
I picked up the floorboards a couple of weeks ago from Larry. The wood looks great, but it will need to be planed and edged. It should look amazing in the cabin though. I really like the look of random width flooring like this, and it will contrast 
the pine well. I planed one piece to see how it would look, and it came 
out nicer than I could have imagined. I was expecting Red Oak, but this piece was White oak, even nicer! It is stacked and stickered in another corner of the firehouse until I am ready for it. I dont know what I would do without this space (yet I am planning on moving into a space half the size of my bedroom?).


No comments:

Post a Comment