Sunday, October 17, 2010

The siding begins

Soldered copper flashing
We had a very productive day on Friday! My friends Pat, Sarah and Steve helped me install the trim, flashing and some siding. Originally I had planned to have everything prepared so that the four of us could put up all of the siding on friday. Unfortunately I had more loose ends to tie up than I thought, and we didn't make it that far. I am very grateful for the help though, without it all of these little jobs would have taken me a long time to finish. In the last hour or so we finally got to the siding, and Pat and Steve nailed up about half of the East wall while Sarah cut the boards. It looks great!
Myself smashing my fingers while trying to drive small bronze nails

Pat finishing the door frame
Thank you Sarah for the pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment