Wednesday, October 13, 2010


Yesterday I finally finished painting the last of my siding and trim with the help of a friend. There was a lot. Hopefully the time spent back-priming everything will pay off. It is nice to see it all painted and stacked waiting for installation.

Today I unrolled the roll of copper I found in the barn. I measured 42 feet of shiny 16 ounce copper. This is about half of what I need, but a major step in the right direction! I cut 6 inches off of the width of the roll for my flashing and the remaining 18 inch width will be used to form the standing seam roof pans. With the help of a sheet metal break loaned to me by a friend I have already started to form my flashing for the walls.

Tomorrow I have two friends coming to help me install the trim and siding. It will be an exciting day!

1 comment:

  1. Ian,

    Tried your email listed here but it got bounced back.

    There is a heavy equipment trailer of bevertail design at Orange
    AP, in Orange MA that owner says GVW about 15,000 - 20,000 lbs,

    The owner is Cain Blackbird ph 978-846-9607 Says $800 or
    so................ basically he wants scrap value; he has a newer
    one and is no longer in the heavy equipment business.

    If you want to check it out, give me a shout.

    ReplyDelete